Our current church building is over 130 years old, having been rebuilt shortly after the Great Fire of Saint John of 1877. The congregation had been meeting for nearly 225 years, but occupied this site first in 1815. The initial church (The Auld Kirk) was destroyed in the Saint John Fire of 1877. The first service in this rebuilt church was held in 1879.
The Sanctuary is two level in the classic Presbyterian architectural style of the time. The raised pulpit was crafted by the well-known Saint John carver, John Rogerson. The Sanctuary has excellent acoustics, due in part to it’s Gothic vaulted ceiling and contains a 3 manual Casevant organ with over 2500 pipes.
We are a caring community which struggles to be Christ-like and addresses needs in the community because God loves us and we want to share that love with others.